Our Parent Teacher Association is made up of volunteer parents whose foremost objective is to support staff in the numerous extra-curricular activities that take place throughout the school year. Our thrilling programs and events are intended to enable you to get more involved in school activities, to provide support to the teachers and other staff who are involved in extra-curricular activities and to enhance your family’s involvement of school life.
The aim of our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is to foster better relationships between parents and your son or daughter school. Creating partnerships which help the school listen to and deal with parents’ concerns; and for parents to learn more about the school and how to improve your children’s education. The PTA do not necessarily represent the views of all parents but provides an excellent forum for communication and a basis for partnership between parents and Shule
The PTA Benefits Everyone:
The PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and Shules administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. Membership is open to everyone. Our PTA is autonomous but supported by a national structure such as The Kenya National Association of Parents.
- Enhanced Communication. Frequently coordinate production of a school information materials, keeping the school community aware of current events as well as Regular meetings allowing sharing information with members.
- Quantifiable Results. Alot of research studies conducted prove that children do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Pooling of Resources. Our PTAs are self-funding. By inviting the entire school’s parent community to join, we generate membership fees to pay for programs. Fundraising to support school programs, building improvements, and educational events.
- Ad-hoc Programs. Our PTA have access to ready-made, easy-to-use programs with proven success records. From health and safety topics, to collaborating with teachers and community members, to fundraising, the programs get results.
- Enhance Children’s Well-Being. Focusing on what students need to be successful in their learning, including nutrition, health, school safety, physical fitness and general well-being.
- Annual General Meetings.Held to present proposal for avtivities in the school year calendar and election of office bearers.